Monday, December 7, 2009

Final Project Ginnie MacPherson

Ok, let's see if this can be somewhat brief. Required elements: some motion tweens used are the barrel, brick wall and monster getting bigger within the beginning of the the movie. The fire in the barrel is a shape tween. The monster's hands moving back and forth by the fire is a classic tween. The tree moving (in the wind) is an armature.
The barrel and wall are drawn with primitive shapes, the monster and fire with bezier tool as drawing objects turned to symbols.(Avoid the merge shape is my mantra, maybe it will be useful at some point,)
The movie clip symbol is the oval at bottom left. I followed the book example, though I'm not sure how to code it to work, to be honest. There are a bunch of graphic symbols created for the motion tweens used. I did not get to make an audio clip as I ran out of time. I wanted to have a happy monster noise at the end . . . maybe will add it later. For the button requirement, I made the "stop" button with different states. I could not get the Actionscript to stop the movie, however. There were some errors stated by Flash in the code, but I lacked time to get that sorted out. Actionscript is still a bit of a mystery at this point. Got the "start"button to work in Assignment 4, but not a "stop" button yet. The url link was thankfully easy at the end of the project.

What worked well? Drawing the scene was fun and pretty easy. The buttons and Actionscript were challenging. Hopefully that will become easier in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment