Monday, December 7, 2009

Darby Hasbrouck: Final Project



I used PowerPoint to create my storyboard for this project and get an idea of what I wanted to do with the animations. I imported all of the forward facing houses from assets I had on file. I was able to resize them and lay them out in a row. I then grouped all of the houses together and converted them from to a symbol. I did all of this in a separate project then imported them into my final project via the library.

I used a lot of the drawing tools to create the truck. The truck, road and grass are a combination of merge & primitive shapes as well as objects. I’m much more comfortable using the pen tool now than I was in October. The window and the shape of the cab of the truck and tree were created with the pen tool. The truck and tree were also created on a separate project that I opened specifically to create these assets with out interfering with the other graphics in the project. I find it’s a lot easier for me to create these assets on their own project and then import them all into one file. These two items are the two symbols that are required. (The fla files for the truck/tree and houses are included so that you can see I actually did the work.) I used a classic tween to give the clouds a little motion. The effect of the buildings moving is my motion tween. I used the shape tween to create the effect of the sky getting darker.

Rather than simply adding a sound effect I wanted to add some background music. To do this I was told that all of the symbols in the file needed to be movie clips. I imported the sound file into library then created a layer solely for the track.

I created the buttons and changed the properties on each state of the button. I played with these buttons for 5 hours and I can’t get any of the action script to work. The stop won’t even work! I’m so disappointed because I know I’m going to have to take a hit on my points. Fingers crossed I do well on the final to make up for the 15 points I’ve missed on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment